Celebrating ICAW 2020 and “Soil Loves Compost”
2020 marks the 25th anniversary of the International Compost Awareness Week (ICAW) being celebrated the week of May 3–9. Over these seven days, people across the United States and around the world will join together to generate and spread public awareness of the many benefits of composting and organics recycling. The theme of this year’s event is “Soil Loves Compost”.
ICAW is one of the largest compost education events in the industry and is traditionally held at a different on-site location each year. However, due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, the 2020 event will be held entirely online, with regular posts and updates becoming available on the ICAW Facebook and Instagram pages, as well as their website. The event kicked off on Monday morning with several social media posts showcasing the town of Lexington, MA and an overview of the town’s compost facility.
To help you easily experience all the ICAW event’s virtual festivities and happenings all week long, we’ve provided a list below to their online channels:
- ICAW Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/InternationalCompostAwarenessWeek
- ICAW Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/icawusa
- ICAW YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5CldjsE2IVPS7h76lX7u4A
- ICAW Home Page: https://www.compostfoundation.org/ICAW/ICAW-Home
- ICAW Ideas for Celebrating Page: https://www.compostfoundation.org/ICAW/ICAW-Home
- CCREF Home Page: https://www.compostfoundation.org
- To contact or learn more about ICAW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Komptech Americas has been a long-time supporter of the Composting Council Research and Education Foundation (CCREF) and the important educational work they do. In fact, composting is not only an integral part of our business, it’s at the heart of our brand. Komptech (the word combination of Compost-Technology) was formed by industry pioneers who had a deep passion for developing working technologies that help produce and sustain a better environment.
We look forward to another fun, informative week of composting and organics recycling awareness and education at ICAW 2020!